HEADSUP: new Linux Fedora 10 infrastructure ports

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Tue Jun 2 15:36:01 UTC 2009

Hi

> For the first time all tested linux ports work as expected(!):

Thank you for your work!

> . acroread8;
> . google-earth (with hardware acceleration);
> . skype (with apropriate locales);

Skype works for me fine.

Google-earth starts and even works with hardware acceleration but always crashes when I try to zoom deep.
print/acroread9 always crashes after few seconds of work with 'RSException'.

$ acroread
(process:8844): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library. Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RSException'
$

If I provide document on input it even loads it and I can be fast enough to scroll some pages.
But after that it still crashes. (I've seen that you report about acroread8, not 9).

Any hints how to fix google and acroread ?

> WBR

PS. today's 8-CURRENT, fresh ports.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov