VirtualBox NAT network works or not?

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Tue Jul 28 04:36:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, July 28, 2009 00:39, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed VirtualBox and very surpised about that it's very fast.
> Very nice!
>
> But I have a problem with NAT network and uses DHCP in guest. It does not
> work. The host is yesterday -CURRENT and very latest installed ports with
> libtool 2.2. I don't know how I can debug it. I have decided to install
> VirtualBox in Windows 7 and I have setup very same exactly how I do with
> guest of FreeBSD 6.4. It works perfect. The only difference is that
> VirtualBox version is 3.x in Windows and 2.x in -CURRENT. It is either bug
> or not ready? I have tried to disable VT-x and it makes no difference. I
> have tried all network adapter and no difference.

I've been using Vbox 3 in FreeBSD for a bit more of a week now, and it is
doing what I want it to.

the svn

svn co
http://svn.bluelife.at/projects/packages/blueports/emulators/virtualbox

I can use nat, but still trying to figure out how to reach the vm using
network. if anyone has any leads. so far, the best thing I think is to
make a reverse tunnel using ssh.

matheus

ps: I can't use my amd64 vm's if not from 7.2-STABLE. -CURRENT is no good
in here, tested three diff machines by now.