status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:50:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:52:48 +0200
Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:01:57 +0400
> Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:
>
> > Rerouting from stable@ to emulation@ as it may be a serious matter.
> >
> > Alexander Kabaev <kabaev at gmail.com> writes:

> > > It does not work very well under Linux32 compat on -current - our
> > > futex implementation seems to be too broken and causes frequent
> > > deadlock and causes multiple threads to get stuck on process
> > > exit. One can easily collect dozens of those stuck processes
> > > doing causal web browsing.
> >
> > Can anybody comment on this? Thanks!
> >

> flashplugin10 works fine for me with AMD64-current as long as I set
> compat.linux32.maxssiz=4194304 in /etc/sysctl.conf.
>
> No more hanging processes, no more core dumps.
>
> I also have linux_base-f10-10 installed.

Nope, does not help. I still am getting npviewer.bin processes left
behind and never exiting, blockerd on futexes.

Another bullet proof way to block flash is to run firefox on the same
X display using two different users and try to start flash in both of
them. One firefox instance will deadlock, until other has exited.

This might be related to the original problem I complained as both
seem to be somehow related to futexes.

--
Alexander Kabaev