qemu bsd-user

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Tue Feb 17 14:58:52 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:41:40PM -0800, "Dinesh Subhraveti" wrote:
> This may not be the right place for a newbie question, but venturing anyway with some hope...
>
> I am interested in the Qemu bsd user emulation, but can't find a copy of Qemu source with bsd-user that I can build.  The mainline Qemu trunk doesn't directly build on FreeBSD and the qemu ports in /usr/ports/emulators/ don't have bsd-user.

Well, I got bsd-user to build a while ago,
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2008-December/005579.html
(it still builds in my latest snapshot,
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2009-February/005650.html
) but it is entirely untested, and as said in the first post it looks like
at least the i386 (host) case needs someone with linker script fu to look at
it before it can actually work.  If you want to help you are more than
welcome tho... :)  (you are actually the first one to ask about bsd-user
on FreeBSD that I have seen!)

 Good luck,
	Juergen