FreeBSD amd64 Warning messages

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Sun Dec 13 14:03:41 UTC 2009

Hi;

I keep getting these on the console:

kernel: WARNING pid 1494 (VBoxSVC): ioctl sign-extension ioctl
ffffffffc4a81502

I googled around for it and it seems to be related to an ioctl call using an
int instead of a long. I tried to look for it on the source code but no
success so far.

For what I can see, that doesn't seem to bother the work of VBox but it IS a
warning message so I decided to post.

FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0 r198930M: Sat Dec 12 12:49:49 BRT 2009

From http://svn.bluelife.at/projects/packages/blueports/emulators/virtualbox/
virtualbox-3.1.0
virtualbox-kmod-3.1.0

I know these are fresh out of the oven/devel test bed.

best regards,
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br