Trouble With Linux Compatibility

Tue Nov 11 22:56:06 PST 2008

Quoting Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> (from Tue, 11 Nov
2008 19:22:13 -0800):

> Boris Samorodov wrote:

>> BTW, what about creating patches/followups/etc to those guides you
>> have seen?
>>

> One of the guides was from O'Reilly's onlamp.com.  The other was
> linux.com.  With the exception of posting a comment below the
> article, I do not find it possible to update those guides.  However
> I could write an additional section for the Handbook and send it to
> freebsd-doc@ and see if someone would add it.  Would that be a good
> place?  It's where I started looking.

It would be great to have something in the porters handbook. It's on
the TODO list (in the part where you never get to...) since we changed
the linux rpm handling. If you go this way, feel free to ask for
review and/or stuff you are not sure about here on emulation.

Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse
will happen to you the rest of the day.

[Well, actually, to either of you...  Ed.]