USE_LINUX_RPM and PORTDOCS

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
Sat May 24 15:43:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:04:57 +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote

> I'd suggest another option. What about fixing bsd.linux-rpm.mk? Ex.,
> one may introduce, say, a pre-install target (or even do it at the
> very beginning of a do-install stage) and conditionally delete
> unneeded files from WRKDIR (so they won't get installed at do-install
> stage).

Thanks for your answer :)

Of course, fixing bsd.linux-rpm.mk would be the best option !

Your idea is good, but PORTDOCS would not be useable for that purpose. It cannot
be used to identify files to delete because it is relative to the destination
target (DOCSDIR), not to WRKDIR or WRKSRC. A good idea may be to introduce a new
variable, say RMWRKDIRFILES= (something like that) and a target, as you suggest,
that would delete all those files relative to WRKDIR, before the install target.

Note that this idea is not limited to bsd.linux.mk and could be introduced more
generally in bsd.port.mk.

Of course, considering my original post and port problem, I can do this manually
if this idea is not a good one :p

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.com
http://www.martymac.com