Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org

Chagin Dmitry chagin.dmitry at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:39:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Roman Divacky wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:09:17AM +0400, Chagin Dmitry wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 May 2008, FreeBSD bugmaster wrote:
>>
>> >Current FreeBSD problem reports
>> >Critical problems
>> >Serious problems
>> >
>> >S Tracker      Resp.      Description
>> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >o kern/21463   emulation  [linux] Linux compatability mode should not
>> >allow setu
>> >o kern/97326   emulation  [linux] file descriptor leakage in linux
>> >emulation
>> >o kern/117010  emulation  [linux] linux_getdents() get something like
>> >buffer ove
>> >

>> about 117010...
>> Can somebody test this patch on amd64 and i386?
>> It is necessary linux_base-f8, 2.6.16, -current.
>
> can you describe the idea behind the patch? why do you think
> it's correct to replace fcntl64 with fcntl args?

this diff from linux64 port, therefore in it a lot of not concerning
to getdents(), but it will not prevent test

fcntl64 with fcntl have identical args in linux, but linux x86-64 has
no fcntl64 syscall

to getdents concerns only changes of ino member of struct l_dirent,
essence in that i too had problem with getdents. and i have not
understood after what changes it have worked correctly. it disturbs me.

--
Have fun!
chd