Running IBM DB2 Client V8.1 under FreeBSD

Wed May 21 06:08:27 UTC 2008

Quoting Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein at gmail.com> (from Tue, 20 May 2008
18:03:43 +0200):

> Anyway, the db2 CLI client seems to be working fine, but getting the
> Perl DBD::DB2 module to work seems to be impossible. It compiles fine,
> but it will result in a FreeBSD perl library, which itself is linked
> against a Linux library.
>
> Is there a way to make this work? Short of using a linux perl
> binary+module?

AFAIK a perl module is just some kind of a library (from a compiler
point of view), so it depends on which symbols the linux library uses
and if you are willing to write some compat-shims. In the icc port we
have some black magic to be able to link the linux-libs which come
with icc to create a native FreeBSD program, maybe you can borrow some
of this (objcpy in the Makefile and some stuff in files/). Feel free
to ask here if you have some specific questions regarding the icc
black magic.

Don't ever slam a door; you might want to go back.