kqemu locking my machine hard on amd64 smp, with most recent patches

Todd Wasson tsw5 at duke.edu
Fri May 16 22:07:35 UTC 2008

Using -m 256 doesn't help, though interestingly 1.3.0.p11_5 crashes
(but doesn't take down the machine) with -m 1536 but is fine with -m
256.  1.3.0.p11_6 hangs the machine regardless, though.

I haven't been using -soundhw at all recently, but yes, I do actually
have sound on the host.

Lowering hw.physmem to 2GB and using -m 256 still results in a hang.

I'm going to keep these and try the max_locked_pages changes that
Bakul Shah suggested.  I'll post the results to the list.

Thanks again.

Todd