kqemu locking my machine hard on amd64 smp, with most recent patches

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Thu May 15 23:08:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 05:43:00PM -0400, Todd Wasson wrote:
> I tried that patch and it still hung at about the same point.  I think it
> may have printed one more line to the VNC session, about initializing the
> PIIX3 controller, but then nothing.
>
> Interestingly, I tried rolling back to 1.3.0.p11_4 to see if it still
> worked, and it did.  So then I went to 1.3.0.p11_5 and it also worked.
> Therefore whatever is causing this is in the 1.3.0.p11_6 patch, as far as I
> can tell.

Hmm I wonder what that is then, apparently it is not liking the moving
of the gdt, but what about it doesn't it like?

 Is anyone else here seeing this problem that could invistigate?
Its a little difficult debugging something that works just fine here...

 Oh I see you have like 6 GB RAM, could you try booting with
hw.physmem lowered to, say, 2 GB to see if the problem has something
to do with RAM size?

 Thanx,
	Juergen