kqemu locking my machine hard on amd64 smp, with most recent patches

Todd Wasson tsw5 at duke.edu
Thu May 15 22:05:54 UTC 2008

Yes, it was on this same system, configured in exactly the same with,
with the same image.  I tried it again with 1.3.0.p11_4 and it still
works, so I tried it with 1.3.0.p11_5.  That worked too.  The problem
must be in 1.3.0.p11_6.

The command line I've been using is "qemu-system-x86_64 -hda test.img -
net nic -net tap -localtime -m 1536 -vnc :2 -usbdevice tablet -soundhw
es1370,pcspk".

I've tried running without ZFS (I unloaded the module), sound, and
networking and it still crashes.  I enabled the debugging sysctl and
just saw a lot of kqemu_vmalloc_to_phys calls before it crashed.  I
haven't started playing with max_locked_mem yet, but will do so if
narrowing it down specifically to the changes between 1.3.0.p11_5 and
1.3.0.p11_6 isn't helpful enough.  The main reason I'm hesitant is
that repeatedly crashing my box is rather undesirable and problematic
for me, but I will resort to this if I can't learn more in another way.

Thanks for your help.

Todd