Linux 2.6 emulation and Linux Java problem

Peter Kostouros kpeter at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jul 6 02:26:59 UTC 2008

Hi

Is anyone having difficulty running Java applications (specifically
linux-netbeans 6.1, linux-glassfish V2 and some Java applets) using
linux-sun-jdk1.6.0_xx under CURRENT with Linux 2.6 emulation?

I am running CURRENT as of 21JUN2008 with linux_base-f8. Invoking
linux-netbeans causes a java instance to crash during startup, with
ktrace on that instance showing

1860 java RET  open 97/0x61

1860 java CALL freebsd6_mmap(0x61, 0x2b639970, PROT_EXEC, MAP_FILE, 0xa5a5a5a5, ..., 0xa5a5a5a5, 0, ..., 0, 0xc, 0xdead0002, ...

Note

1. These applications ran successfully with linux_base-fc4 and
compat.linux.osrelease set to 2.4.2;
2. The success of running java applications also depends on
debug.witness.watch: I get more mileage from java applications when this
sysctl is 0.

What can I do to help resolve the matter?

Note, I do not know if my system is somehow corrupted or that I may have
some stale libraries.

--

Regards

Peter

As always the organisation disavows knowledge of this email