ports/119880: emulators/linux_base-f7 - [linux] OpenOffice 2.x fails after portupgrade with "error writing file"

Tue Jan 22 04:25:39 PST 2008

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:51:27 +0300):

>> Shouldn't linuxolator report to linux applications that /tmp exists,
>> even if we have no /compat/linux/tmp, but have /tmp ? This is a trace
>> of opeoffice calls

This is an answer which I can not fix to yes or no. Both are valid in
some way. I tend to say "yes" for the default case of running as an
user without a chroot, but I also see where it may be good to have the
current "no" (e.g. chroots are obvious to me, other uses may be valid
too).

>>  42087 soffice.bin CALL  close(0xc)
>>  42087 soffice.bin RET   close 0
>>  42087 soffice.bin CALL  linux_mkdir(0xffffc5fc,0x1ff)
>>  42087 soffice.bin NAMI  "/compat/linux"
>>  42087 soffice.bin NAMI  "/compat/linux/tmp"

I would say the bug is that OO doesn't try to e.g. cd into or readdir
of the directory or something like this before doing a mkdir.

BOFH excuse #313:

your process is not ISO 9000 compliant