is graphics/linux-cairo broken?

Thu Jan 3 03:25:50 PST 2008

Quoting "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> (Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:17:59 -0600):

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 02:33:51PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> (Wed, 2 Jan 2008 00:57:13 -0600):
> >
> > > My guess is linux-cairo shouldn't be setting USE_LDCONFIG or it should
> >
> > This is correct, it should use "INSTALLS_SHLIB= yes" instead.
>
> Shall I file one PR per port that's broken or one total PR?

I suggest one PR per maintainer. Note, only for linux ports
INSTALLS_SHLIB should be used, for native ports USE_LDCONFIG is right.

Alternatively someone could test the USE_LDCONFIG stuff in
http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/port-patches/Mk:bsd.port.mk.diff

So far I hadn't time to really test it (but as I installed linux-cairo
before your bug report and didn't noticed a problem, it may already
work...). If someone really tests it and confirms it works, I will send
a PR to portmgr to integrate it.

BOFH excuse #32:

techtonic stress