linux gnome libraries etc.

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Feb 13 16:08:16 PST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:47:17 +0100 Roman Divacky wrote:

> hi

> I noticed that linux-pango is version 1.10 (latest is 1.18),
> linux-glib2 is 2.6 (latest is 2.14) etc. etc.

linux-glib2 is glib2-2.6.6-1, the lastest available for FedoraCore-4:
http://mirror.eas.muohio.edu/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/glib2-2.6.6-1.i386.rpm

> I tried to run firefox 3 beta 3 under linux emulation and
> it crashed because of some missing symbol in pango and I think
> its because our linux-pango is really outdated and does not
> meet the minimal requirements for firefox3.

> why havent these ports been updated?

The port won't ever be updated. More likely a new port, say
linux-f7-glib2 will appear after the default osrelease is switched
to 2.6.x.

WBR
--
bsam