IE

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Tue Nov 27 22:48:18 PST 2007

I'm no expert on the subject, but I believe that it has to do with programs
making calls to the operating system themselves.  Windows has an entirely
different set of system calls than *nix (some use POSIX, others might be
something else).  Because of those system calls, each executable only works on
the system it was made for.  What the program needs to do might be the same, but
the way the executable does it via the OS will be different for each OS.

Naram Qashat