ports/91318: [fix] graphics/linux_dri: works on amd64 too

Šimun Mikecin simun.mikecin at logos.hr
Thu Nov 22 02:00:04 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/91318; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A9imun_Mikecin?= <simun.mikecin at logos.hr>
To: <sat at FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-emulation at FreeBSD.org>,
	<anholt at freebsd.org>
Cc: <bug-followup at freebsd.org>
Subject: RE: ports/91318: [fix] graphics/linux_dri: works on amd64 too
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:29:54 +0100

 I agree with your suggestion of allowing linux_dri on FreeBSD/amd64. =
 This way we will unbreak many linux apps on amd64. But unfortunatelly =
 linux emulation of DRI does not work on FreBSD/amd64 yet, so linux GL =
 apps will use software rendering instead of DRI. For some apps (eg. =
 skype) that is sufficient, but for some (like some linux games) =
 performance will suffer to the point of being unusable.