[patch] bsd.linux-rpm.mk: PKGNAMEPREFIX for FC6 ports

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Mar 24 23:00:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:07:35 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:14:35 +0300):

> > For upcoming FC6 ports I propose to use PKGNAMEPREFIX=linux-fc6-

> Would it make sense to do this for all fedora based ports, even for
> fc4 (I talk about linux-fc4 obviously)?

When we were changing default linux_base (at least the last time) we
had changed all infrostructure ports as well at once. There had been
no need to create other ports. With linux_base-fc6 introduction it
should be another play: both linux_base ports will coexist for a long
time (along with their infrostructure ports).

About fc4 ports. Have to think a little...

> Do we gain something from this? Maybe some consistence for the future?

Yes, it seems to me a bad idea to have two packages with the same name
but for different linux_base ports. And for sure a consistence play a
good role here.

> Maybe we need to ask portmgr what impact such a generic change would
> have for the packages/PORTREVISION/...

Well, it may be a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

WBR