question

Eric Anderson anderson at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 22 16:19:14 UTC 2007

On 03/22/07 09:50, ÷ÁÌÅÎÔÉÎ ëÏÒÑËÉÎ wrote:
> Hello!
> Excuse me if I wrote this e-mail mistakenly.
> I've noticed that port "linux_base" just dissappeared from my port's list. Could you tell me which port I should use instead? (I have only linux_base-fc4 and linux_base-gentoo-stage)
> OS freebsd 6.1-stable.

You should start reading /usr/ports/UPDATING:

20060616:
   AFFECTS: users of emulation/linux_base-*
   AUTHOR: netchild at FreeBSD.org

   We now use Fedora Core 4 as the linux base port, and the corresponding
   xorg libs for the linux X11 libs port.

   To upgrade you have to run
         portupgrade -f -o emulators/linux_base-fc4 linux_base\*
         portupgrade -f -o x11/linux-xorg-libs linux-XFree86-libs

   You need to make sure that you have not changed the sysctl
   compat.linux.osrelease. FC4 behaves differently depending on the
   content of this sysctl. Only the default value of this sysctl is
   supported. In case of problems also revert to the default of the
   compat.linux.osname if changed.

   In case "printenv | grep LD_" prints something, e.g., LD_LIBRARY_PATH
   or LD_PRELOAD, you have to make sure it is not set when starting
   linux programs, else FreeBSD libraries will be picked up and the
   programs do not start.

   After this start a linux program to test, e.g., acroread. If you get
   errors when starting linux programs about problems with libraries, and
   you made sure no LD_* variable is set as described above, you are one of
   those unlucky people where we do not have a better solution as to tell
   you to deinstall every linux port, remove /compat/linux completely to
   make sure no cruft is left and reinstall everything you need.