linux-2.6.16 emulation: linux-sun-jdk1.6.0 program problem

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 6 16:37:15 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 08:06 am, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Peter Kostouros <kpeter at melbpc.org.au> (from Sat, 03 Feb
> 2007
>
> 21:29:42 +1100):
> > Hi
> >
> > On my system (CURRENT as of 03FEB2007) linux-sun-jdk1.5.0 and
> > linux-sun-jdk1.6.0 applications do not run under linux 2.6.16
> > emulation whereas they do under linux 2.4.2 emulation.
>
> Could you please update to a recent current and check if this
> problem is still there or not?

As far as I know, they don't work, i.e., they crash with internal
error.  Both require sched_getaffinity (and maybe more) and that is
not implemented.  I believe JDK breakage is serious blocker for the
2.6.16.  Since we cannot support the syscall directly (i.e., we don't
have user process affinity), we may have to fake it.

Jung-uk Kim