something wrong with Linux on 6.2-stable/amd64

Sat Jul 21 10:37:13 UTC 2007

Quoting Roman Divacky <rdivacky at freebsd.org> (Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:17:29 +0200):

> >    * de-COMPAT_43-ify:
> >      + sethostname
> >      + lstat
> >      + ftruncate
> >      + nanosleep (i386)
>
> which reminds me... what was the decision about
>
> options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
>
> I think I suggested removing the "[KEEP THIS!]" or something

My answer was that I think it is a good idea for 7, but I like to keep
it for 6. Now you just have to find a committer, which handles this...
(making the patch, asking re@, committing).

ATM I don't have an up-to-date -current tree anywhere and I don't know
how much time I can spend on anything. Currently I try to spend all my
free time to do the MFC of the linuxulator fixes.

Why worry about tomorrow?  We may not make it through today!