experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Jul 7 14:05:21 UTC 2007

In article <468EFF46.4060001 at freebsd.org> you write:
>On 07/05/07 22:31, Eric Anderson wrote:
>> On 07/02/07 15:30, Juergen Lock wrote:
>>> Looks like its time for this again...  Many bugs have been fixed,
>>> some features have been added, like, qemu-system-arm has grown
>>> emulation of a few PDAs like some Zaurus models, etc.  As always,
>>> please test now, before I commit this, so we won't be in for
>>> nasty surprises afterwards...
>>
>> Works great so far on -CURRENT, thanks!
>>
>> Did the vmwarevga thing ever settle down, and become stable?
>

>Although now I have the issue where using kqemu-kmod causes my system to
>reboot or power off.  :(
>
>Any ideas?

This seems to be a -current issue, it doesn't happen for me at least
(6.2 and previously also 6.1.)  You could check if it is dependent
on the version of the used qemu (the 0.9.0 port, the version of
qemu-devel in ports, or the not-yet-committed updated I posted),
but I doubt it.  What may help is finding out which commit to -current
started kqemu to break (find an older version that worked, then
binary-search), or at least a backtrace from a kernel compiled
without -fomit-frame-pointer (putting DDB in the config seems to do
that for amd64 at least, but rebuild the entire kernel.)  There also
is an open issue for kqemu on amd64 smp,
dunno if its related...

	Juergen