FreeBSD-6.2 and MAPLE-9

Tijl Coosemans tijl at ulyssis.org
Mon Feb 12 11:27:36 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 February 2007 22:04, carl at udel.edu wrote:
> Thank you very much for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated!
> I've implemented your suggestions below, and the maple splash comes
> up, and then hangs.  When I run maple in text mode, I still get
> "maple: could not start server", which I believe would explain the
> hanging.  Any thoughts on why the server won't start?  Again, this
> is happening with linux_base-fc4; this text-mode problem does not
> manifest itself if I use an older linux_base.
>
> Thank you very much for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated!

In /path/to/maple/bin/maple, I also have these two lines commented
out, but I don't remember if the install did that or if it was me. It
shouldn't really make any difference either, but you never know...

#       MR_CHECK=`perl -ane '$_ =~ /Mandrake Linux release (\d+)\.(\d+)/; print $1 if $1 >= 9;' /etc/redhat-release`
#       RH_CHECK=`perl -ane '$_ =~ /Red Hat .* release (\d+)(\.\d+)?/; print $1 if ($1 >= 7);' /etc/redhat-release`