/lib/ld-linux.so.2: cannot execute binary file: fix propsal

Marcin Cieslak saper at SYSTEM.PL
Sun Sep 10 11:21:01 PDT 2006

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>> In general, I guess ELF shared libraries should be Linux branded as well?
>
> No, this will not work. You can't start apps which are linked to shared
> libs anymore after this. The linux linker expects the to be branded
> differently than what you propose here (been there done that months or
> years ago).

This probably leads to commit/revert wars like http://42.pl/u/lAF :)

I have branded /compat/linux/lib/ld-2.3.6.so and it seems
to work for me(tm).

It would be anyway interesting to know more about branding and its quirks.

--
               << Marcin Cieslak // saper at system.pl >>