Latest linux-compat src patch

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 20 01:42:09 PDT 2006

Quoting Ralph Zitz <ralph at zitz.dk> (from Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:15:34 +0200):

>> Yes, please run
>> "ktrace -i <teamspeak-binary>"
>>
>> This produces a ktrace.out file. If you could do this with both
>> kernels and send me (not to emulation@) both files (maybe packed
>> with gzip/bzip2), or make them available at an URL. I can have a
>> look which syscalls are behaving different when I get both files.
>>
> Both ktraces attached. The non-working one is from the most recent
> kernel source.
> Note! I forgot to mention: When starting the server with the latest
> patch the server freezes the console instead of just backgrounding.
> This happens just after the error message is displayed. This also means
> that I had to kill the process from another terminal, I hope this
> doesn't mess up the kernel trace.

I compared the traces. The non-working kernel gives "linux_clone -1
errno 22 Invalid argument". The call is "linux_clone(0xf00, 0x8250e54,
0, 0x1, 0x1)".

Roman, can you please have a look if this can be fixed without much
work, or if I should back out a particular commit until you have more
time to fix it?

Bye,
Alexander.

COMPLEX SYSTEM:
	One with real problems and imaginary profits.