Wine: CreateSystemHeap errors

Frans-Jan v. Steenbeek frans-jan at van-steenbeek.net
Thu Oct 19 02:42:39 PDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm trying to get IE6 running on wine, but I have seen this error many times
with other apps:

err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x80000000 not
available

This is regardless of the version of wine I use (I tried 0.9.21,1, 0.9.8,1 and
20050724 (or so) from packages and I had 0.9.16,1 originally on my system
(from ports))

I am horrible at updating my system, so I'm still on 6.1-PRERELEASE
(from -STABLE). Do I need to update in order for this to work? Or is this a
wine-related bug that isn't resolved yet?

I seem to recall the same problems with the versions from the first half of
2005. I believe it was solved back then. Am I missing something here?

Thanks and regards (and please CC me, I'm not on the list...),

--
Frans-Jan v. Steenbeek
Pakhuisweg 16-II

T: 0318 516714