running windows applications and making use of existing ms windows installation

martinko gamato at pobox.sk
Thu Oct 19 01:45:41 PDT 2006

Hello list,

I've been reading for some time about VMWare, Wine, Qemu, Bochs and some
others, but I'm still not sure which one would (best) fit my needs:

I've got a dual boot and I would like to make use of existing Windows
(XP) installation, not having to create a new virtual disk/system and
install everything from scratch.

Can I use existing Windows installation with some of the existing
"emulation" software ??

I would appreciate any suggestions, experiences, how-to's, links, etc.

Many thanks!

Martin