qemu 20061102 snapshot: trouble booting directly from cdrom device

Juergen Lock qemu-l at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Nov 11 05:03:03 PST 2006

Hi!

 I got a report yesterday of the win2k cd bsod'ing with an
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error when booted directly from the device
(as opposed to from an iso, which worked.)  I dont have a win2k cd,
but I tried a KANOTIX-2006-01-RC2 cd (linux livecd), and that, although
it did boot, said
	VFS: busy inodes on changed media
repeatedly.  Does anyone else get something like this on another
host (I'm on FreeBSD)?  I would like to know if its a FreeBSD
problem (aio not working properly on the cdrom device?) or something
to do with qemu itself...

 Thanx,
	Juergen