Google Summer of Code project: linuxolator

Wed May 31 02:24:30 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that one of the Google Summer of Code students
we got is working on improving the linuxolator in -current (yes, parts
which can be merged to -stable will be merged). Welcome Roman!

The goal is to update from the current linux kernel version (2.4.x) to
2.6.x. This will allow us to update the default linux base to FC5 in
the future, which is not possible ATM. A detailed TODO list is
available from "http://wikitest.freebsd.org/RomanDivacky". The TODO
list contains a lot more items than what can be delivered in the SoC,
so don't be surprised if the SoC ends and the TODO list still contains
some unfinished items.

I will commit milestones to current from time to time and announce
calls for help here accordingly. For each milestone we will need some
feedback from all of you how it works in your daily work. Additionaly
we may need some more specific reports about some behavior, but this
will be announced in the call for help.

I hope a lot of testers will participate to let "our" student enjoy
his Summer of Code and make it an experience he will remember well for
a long time.

Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen