Fedora Core 5 emulation and problems

Thu May 18 07:01:16 UTC 2006

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Wed, 17 May 2006 15:19:38 +0400):

[some facts I expected]

Thanks for the analysis.

> This are directions we should go to to get modern linux kernel and
> programms to run under FreeBSD. Maybe a Google SoC may help.

We already have a student who is eager to start after his exams. We
just need to get the final number of students Google is willing to
sponsor and the official announcement of which students are accepted.
And maybe we will get a second student for this too (I have a nice
TODO list for more than one student), but so far I didn't heard
anything from any other student with a linuxolator proposal I tried to
get in contact with (in case anyone is listening, please have a look
at your proposals for public comments, and maybe try to get in contact
with me directly).

> Hey, the good news is that an FC4 port is successfilly running on my
> system a couple of days. ;-)

Great. Do you think we can skip FC3 and go directly to FC4 without
breaking anything (no change to the rest of the infrastructure ports
like xorg and gtk)?

Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
		-- Milton Friedman