Crossover Office in FreeBSD 6 with linux_base*

Tue May 16 18:39:02 UTC 2006

Quoting "Roberto Lima" <betogigi at gmail.com> (Tue, 16 May 2006 11:51:42 -0300):

> Hi all,
> How to emulate Crossover Office with linux_base`s ?
> I tried with linux_base-8 and following this error:
>
> Unable to convert 'c:/' to a Unix path:
> wine: failed to initialize: /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so:
> failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
>
> In sysctl is:
> kern.elf32.fallback_brand: 3
> kern.fallback_elf_brand: 3
> debug.elf32_trace: 1
> debug.elf32_legacy_coredump: 1

First of all: You don't need to set any sysctl for the linuxolator.

It may be the case that Crossover Office needs some linux syscalls
which aren't implemented yet. Is there any message about an
unimplemented sysctl on the console?

                   Press every key to continue.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/