linux emulation file descriptor leakage -current?

Tue May 16 07:19:30 UTC 2006

Quoting Bakul Shah <bakul at bitblocks.com> (from Mon, 15 May 2006
16:28:12 -0700):

> The following code from linux_stats.c looked dodgy to me so I
> reverted /sys/{i386/linux,compat/{linux,linprocfs}} to about
> one month old state and the problem disappears.  skype still
> opens about 296 files but no more.

Can you please do a binary search for the commit which breaks this? Go
to a 2 week old current and see if the problem is still there. If it
isn't, the problem appeared in the last two weeks, so update to an one
week old current (and so on). I think only the kernel needs to be
updated.

frotz /frots/

  1. n. See frobnitz.  2. `mumble
    frotz': An interjection of mildest disgust.