Mozilla-linux-gtk1 doesn't work with linux-xorg-libs

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri May 12 17:44:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:01:17 +0800 mag at intron.ac wrote:

>      Mozilla-linux-gtk1 (www/linux-mozilla) will hang up against
> linux-xorg-libs (FC3, 4). This has been confusing me in last several days.
> But Mozilla-linux-gtk1 works with linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_7.
>                                                 From Beijing, China

The problem is that linux-mozilla uses an old and deprecated
libXp.so.6.

Please, test attached patch and give me a feedback.

To apply the patch:

1. Copy the patch to /usr/ports/x11 directory.
2. Apply the patch:
   # cd /usr/ports/x11
   # patch -p0 < _the_patch_
3. Reinstall the port, ex. portupgrade or make deinstall/install.

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru