Installation of Oracle10g Express Edition on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Jun 23 13:28:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:35:20PM +0300, Dmitry Ganenko wrote:
> 2. We install the right linux_base
>
> That is why instead of linux_base-8 you should install linux_base-fc4
> (or linux_base-suse-9.2).

During the time you were working on this, we switched the default linux_base
from the obsolete linux_base-8 to linux_base-fc4.  It took extra time due
to the fact that we needed to run a regression test with this change, all
across an entire ports tree.

As to the kernel bugs, I really can't comment.  But if you don't get
feedback from this forum, you may need to submit PRs (my preference would
be individual ones for the individual fixes, so they can be discussed
separately, but no matter), with Synopsis lines something on the order
of "[linux] fix kernel Linux emulation to fix off-by-one-error" or
something similar.

Again, I am not in a position to review the kernel changes, but I'd
certainly like to see Oracle running on FreeBSD, as a competive thing
if nothing else.

mcl