[ports-i386@pointyhat.freebsd.org: linux_base-8-8.0_12 failed on i386 6]

Sat Jan 28 12:50:24 PST 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:20:58 -0700
John E Hein <jhein at timing.com> wrote:

> If we are going in this direction, a convenience target to help
> automate adding the appropriate entries to pkg-plist for when this
> port is updated in the future would be helpful for the maintainer, too
> (similar to, as you know, the new-plist target in
> x11-toolkits/linux-gtk2/Makefile).

I don't know how feasible it is to write a target which generates the
plist file. A linux_base port is mostly static over it's lifetime,
whereas the plist generating target (which is also available in
bsd.linux-rpm.mk und supposed to replace the current "hack" we do with
the RPM using ports) was made to help in the writting of "linux
satellite ports".

   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/