[ports-i386@pointyhat.freebsd.org: linux_base-8-8.0_12 failed on i386 6]

Sat Jan 28 03:20:59 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:33:12 -0700
John E Hein <jhein at timing.com> wrote:

> Kris Kennaway wrote at 02:16 -0500 on Jan 27, 2006:
> [snip]
>  > === Checking filesystem state
>  > list of extra files and directories in / (not present before this port was installed but present after it was deinstalled)
>  > 401931       16 drwxr-xr-x    3 root             wheel                 512 Jan 27 06:41 compat/linux/usr
>  >  89818       16 drwxr-xr-x   12 root             wheel                 512 Jan 27 06:24 compat/linux/usr/local
> [snip]
>

> The following patch will help with this.  It avoids whacking usr/local
> if someone adds something to it in their compat tree after install and
> then upgrades their linux-base port.  It only removes empty dirs.
>
> A test install/deinstall shows that it solves the problem pointyhat
> found... clean /compat/linux before and after.

Yes, but if a program expects an empty directory to be there, this will
introduce a problem. I'd rater use @dirrmtry in pkg-plist for those
dirs which linux_base creates. I try to get time to change it like this
this weekend.

         The computer revolution is over. The computers won.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/