linprocfs and linux_base port upgrade

Wed Feb 22 02:17:03 PST 2006

Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

Regarding the question of the OP: changing "ro" to "ro,noauto" has a similar
effect in the race-case.

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:01:57AM +0800, Mars G. Miro wrote:
>
>> > No, it's because it tried and failed to umount linprocfs.  Presumably
>> > you didnt have linprocfs mounted in your jail, but some packages
>>
>> Well mounting/unmounting stuff inside the jail is a pain. I now recall
>> I had to mount linprocfs from the host to the jail, thus I was able to
>> build them. Hrm, perhaps its time for jail_<jailname>_linprocfs_enable
>> (as with devfs inside a jail) ...
>
> I think you're missing my point: if you don't have linprocfs mounted,
> ports like jdk will fail.  If you do have it mounted, ports like
> linux_base will fail [because they need to umount it and remount it].
>
> The latter should be fixed so that you can consistently set up a jail
> and have it work in both cases.

Perhaps (completely untested):
@exec mkdir -p %D/proc || true
@dirrmtry proc
@unexec [ ! -d %D/proc ] || echo "+++ Please unmount linprocfs and remove
%D/proc by hand!"
and not touching linprocfs at all.

Kris, would this work on pointyhat?

What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
in his footsteps?