./Bin/rmserver: relocation error: ./Bin/rmserver: undefined symbol: g_nTLSProcnum

Sat Feb 4 05:07:16 PST 2006

Am Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:44:35 -0500
schrieb Chris Shenton <chris at shenton.org>:

> We've been running RealMedia's Linux reallserver9 on FreeBSD-4 for years,
> and now my client wants realserver11, built for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

[...]
> This allowed the installer to run, but when I run the server binary
> itself, it bombs:
>
>   ./Bin/rmserver: relocation error: ./Bin/rmserver: undefined symbol: g_nTLSProcnum

Some library is supposed to provide a function which is called
"g_nTLSProcnu", but doesn't provides it. Since we don't have the most
current revisions of several libraries in the tree, this is no surprise.

You can try to use a non-default linux base which is newer. You would
have to install matching 3rd party libs (those which realserver needs)
too. But then everything isn't supported by emulation@ and you are on
your own (but we may be able to give a hint or two...).

            Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
     teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/