Question about RPM?

Sat Jun 4 05:30:39 PDT 2005

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:58:23 -0400
Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz at druber.com> wrote:

> >Ooops, actually you did tell us the command line... I suggest to have a look
> >at /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk/Makfile how to use rpm on FreeBSD.
>
>Thanks, I'll take a look.  Out of curiosity, why is something pertaining
>to linux emulation in x11-toolkits/linux-gtk?

Because someone did it first there, expanded it to a slave port, used
it in many ports and didn't refactored it into a bsd.rpm.mk.

I have a large patch which cleans up some linux bits. It's under
testing on the ports build cluster. It doesn't contain a change like
mentioned above, but I want to tackle this issue (if nobody beats me to
it).

                           Reboot America.