[patch] Coping with setfs[gu]id16() stupidness...

Sean Chittenden sean at gigave.com
Fri Jun 3 19:52:30 GMT 2005

> Is there any necessary symbol table magic that I need to work in order
> to get the following patch to work?  It compiles, but link_elf()
> returns an error with "symbol linux_syscall_warn_enable not found".
> At which point kldload(1) returns ENOENT (but that's another bug/story
> all together).
>
> The intent of the patch is to quiet warnings when programs make use of
> stupid linux syscalls (setfsuid16() and setfsgid16() come to mind).
> In the patch, warnings are enabled with the patch they can be disabled
> by setting compat.linux.syscall_warn_enable=0.
>
> Thanks in advance.  -sc
>

> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/patches/#compat_linux_syscall_warning
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden
> Charter member of the "FilePro sucks" fan club

I'm glad it's Friday.  Andrew Gallatin aptly pointed out an #ifdef
DEBUG that was wrapping missing symbol.  Originally this was in
linux_util.h, but I moved it to linux_mib.c for correctness when
including in the actual tree.  In the process, I mentally missed the
transition from a .h to a .c where in a .c file you don't need/want an
#endif.  *sigh*

The above URL has an updated patch for review that now works as
expected.  Any objections to me committing this and MFC'ing it after a
week or two?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden