Question about RPM?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Wed Jun 1 11:05:13 PDT 2005

I'm running a 5.3 headless server.  I had been using amanda for tape
backup, but decided to try out arkeia.  Unfortunately, they don't seem to
support FreeBSD, so I thought I'd try it under linux emulation.  I
installed the linux_based-rh-9 port, and that seemed to go fine.  I
confirmed that the requisite KLDs were loaded.  Unfortunately, if I try to
install the arkeia RPM (with the usual 'rpm -ivh arkeiaXXXX.rpm'
incantation), it gives me a raft of warnings about various shared libraries
being needed, as well as /bin/sh.  I don't recall seeing any errors during
either the build or the install of the base package, so I'm mystified as to
why the installation of that rpm failed.  Any thoughts?