VMware installation

Feidaykin Feidaykin at ifrance.com
Sat Feb 5 05:10:31 PST 2005

hello

thanks for your answer
i make a new Kernel with this instruction:
http://www.packetwatch.net/documents/guides/freebsd/vmware3-53.php
and do the configuration

I have also fetch
http://gentoo.ynet.sk/pub/distfiles/VMware-workstation-3.2.1-2242.tar.gz

but when i run the script they are some errors with

> Setup is unable to find the "lsmod" program on your machine. Please make sure it
> is installed. Do you want to specify the location of this program by hand?
> [yes]

so i have specified /bin/ls

> What is the directory that contains the init directories (rc0.d/ to
> rc6.d/)?

i create manually these repertory

> Setup is unable to find the "insmod" program on your machine.  Please make sure
> it is installed.  Do you want to specify the location of this program by hand?
> [yes]

> Setup is unable to find the "modprobe" program on your machine.  Please make
> sure it is installed.  Do you want to specify the location of this program by
> hand? [yes]

and finally:

> Do you accept? (yes/no) yes
>
> Thank you.
>
> You are not running Linux.  This version of the product only runs on Linux.
>
> Execution aborted.

I think i have some problem with linux emulation
but /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base is already installed
and linux module is running

> Feidaykin# kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1   12 0xc0400000 43aa68   kernel