vmware3 tips and observations

Sean Welch welchsm at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 16:28:39 PDT 2003

I was referring to the menu choice for entering a serial number.

If you look inside the vmware.ws.3.0 file you will see that there
is a line reading:

LicenseVersion = "3.0"

I'm guessing that there is something in the serial number that
indicates what version it is for -- if there is no file with the right
version number in it you won't be able to modify it.  In other
words, you should have any trouble as long as you actually have
a serial number for version 3.

Hope that helps!

                                                                         Sean