VMware3 *almost* working

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Wed Nov 12 07:13:43 PST 2003

I can run VMware3, but, there is one network problem.

I have FreeBSD 4.9R and RedHat 9 Linux on VMware3.

FreeBSD and Linux/VMware3 can see each other but both can not
make a TCP connection.

For example,
Linux/VMware3 and host machine can ftp to third machine without
problems.
And, that third machine can ssh connect to the host and Linux/VM.
ping works for both.
Linux/VM has a telnet server. I can log in from the third machine
but the host machine can not. telnet command prints out
Trying 192.168.10.41...

The host has 192.168.10.31 and Linux/VM has 192.168.10.41
and third machine is 192.168.10.11.

So, it looks like everything works fine except TCP connection
between VMware host and guest can not establish TCP connection.

What am I missing?

--
Naoyuki "Tai" Tai, ntai a t smartfruit d o t com