Limiting the size of syslogd output files using options in syslog.conf

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Wed Jun 26 15:08:00 UTC 2019

On 6/26/2019 09:49, Ian Lepore wrote:

> Over the years we've upstreamed every freebsd customization we've ever
> done at $work except this one.  The only reason I've been carrying this
> one local mod is because it seemed too specialized to be useful to
> anyone else.  Then yesterday someone working on an embedded-system
> product asked me on irc how to solve the problem of unexpected log
> spewage, so I offered the solution we've been using.
>
> -- Ian

Yep -- this is a small corner case /but if it happens /in the embedded
world (and I've had it happen) it's a five-alarm pain in the neck.

I'm in favor for that reason, and I can't see how having it there hurts
someone that doesn't use it.

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>