Limiting the size of syslogd output files using options in syslog.conf

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Jun 25 23:07:09 UTC 2019

Apologies, but I don't understand the point of this at all.  I object
especially to idea of patching syslogd when EVERYTHING you seek can be
accomplished with appropriate settings in /etc/newsyslog.conf and changing
its entry in /etc/crontab to run more frequently. You can control the size
and number of files there.

You can also do remote syslog.

Do you need to rotate logs more than once per minute?

--

"Well," Brahmā said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mahābhārata