Minor MIPS tree pruning

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 16:44:32 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:10:11 -0700
Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we eliminate support for the following
> before the FreeBSD 12 branch.
>
> adm5120 (most boards don't have enough memory, very old)
> alchemy (the au1xxxx port never really was finished, and boards lack
> memory, very old)
> idt (only a few boards worked, most are long obsolete)
> rt305x (raylink kit is now out dated, at least I think so)
> sibyte (long obsolete, hard to get hardware)
>
> I thought I'd post a heads up here before I proposed this list to
> arch at .
>
> We have enough exemplars these days we don't need to keep these older
> ports around as examples anymore, and I have my doubts if we even
> work on these boards anymore.
>
> If I'm wrong about these being old, or that FreeBSD is no longer
> running on them, please let me know. Thanks!
>
> Warner

RMI is another one that should get on chopping block, IMHO. They are
impossible to track down in the wild and files were not touched more or
less ever since being committed. They also re-implement too much of the
code in MI and chances of FreeBSD-current working on the hardware are
very, very slim.

--
Alexander Kabaev