cross compiling ports/pkgs under qemu-bsd-user

Sean Bruno sbruno at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 30 21:38:20 UTC 2016

So, the big problems with my merge to QEMU 2.8.0 have been resolved in
emulators/qemu-user-static 20161228 version I've pushed up.

MIPS builds are broken at the moment if distfiles haven't already been
fetched.  The issue is that r308996 added AI_ADDRCONFIG to host look ups
making the silent failure in MIPS emulation a critical failure.  e.g.
"ifconfig -a" never has worked, and now its required.  I'm working on
fixing this but there's a lot of flipping/bopping/twisting required to
make the entire data structure big/little endian safe at the moment.

So, if you need to build mips packages, fetch all your distfiles first
and you *should* be able to build safely with the current release.

sean