FreeBSD 12-CURRENT and ODROID-C2?

O. Hartmann ohartmann at walstatt.org
Thu Dec 22 21:15:53 UTC 2016

I just got an ODROID-C2 SoC, an ARM v8 based AARCH64 architecture based upon the Cortex
A53 CPU. I try to boot off the most recent AARCH64 image found at www.freebsd.org,
FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-20161130-r309302-memstick.img.

I tried to dd this image to an SD card and did the same to an USB flash. But both won't
boot off.

I found some notes about this specific ARM SoC, but it seemed that there is works in
progress and the image is capable of booting off.

Well, I tried the image just from scratch and was wondering whether FreeBSD 12-CURRENT is
at all capable of running on Odroid-c2 hardware.

I have some smaller projects running with NanoBSD (GPT/UEFI as well as MBR based, but all
amd64) and I was wondering if there isn't a way to have a customized image booting the
Odroid-c2.

It would be nice if someone could shed some light on this.

Thank you in advance,

Oliver

--
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).